Thursday, March 13, 2008

Another Winner

This is the other card that came in 3rd place at the Birch Run stampin festivities this past weekend. The challenge here was to use the microscope slide, the skinny piece of vanilla card stock and the skinny piece of Chocolate Chip card stock. We were able to use any stamp set we wanted to and had to keep in mind that the microscope slide was to be able be removed and used as a gift (such as a magnet or pin). I chose to use Blooming with Love. This set is a new set and I adore it! I love the images and they lend themselves perfectly to water coloring! This is also the first time I have done a card that is tall like this. I usually stay away from shapes other than the traditional card size because I am too cheap to spend extra postage on envelopes! But as I looked at the slide I knew I had to make my card a long card.
Supplies Used: Chocolate Chip cs, ink, Mellow Moss cs, ink, Vanilla cs, Taffeta ribbon, Linen Thread, Circle Punch, Mellow Moss ink, Close to Cocoa ink, Blooming with Love.

1 comment:

Amy said...

This is very pretty! I love the colors and that stamp looks great with the slide.