Saturday, December 22, 2007

Sweet Birdie Valentine

Today I went out shopping...I know LOTS of people were out shopping today, 3 days before Christmas....but the point to my shopping trip wasn't for Christmas gifts. I wanted to take a friend of mine to Jane's Craft Studio in Waterford (http://www.janescraftstudio.net/). I love that place! It is a small store about 25 minutes from me but they have stamps from a few of my favorite stamp companies there..Amuse, Elzybells and Rosies Roadshow (http://www.rosiesroadshow.com/) Alas, due to it being the end of the year and most people are done looking for winter/Christmas stamps, the Elzybells stock was pretty depleted but it was fun to look at what they did have. I ended up buying some stamps that really called out to me...I chose a couple birds from Inkadinkadoo. They are perfect for Valentines Day! This sample uses two of the stamps I bought. This card is 4 x 4. On the Chocolate Chip scallop edge I used a flourishy heart thingy (so technical!) and stamped it with Chocolate Chip ink. The printed paper is from Basic Grey and you can get that at All That Scraps ( http://www.allthatscraps.com/). Both are from Basic Grey. The stripe is from the Blush line of papers and is called "Eternity". The floral is from their Infuse line and is called "Lace". I used my Regal Rose Stampin Write Marker, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip and Old Olive to ink up the stamp and do some huffing on it to stamp the bird. I punched it out with the Stampin' Up! Scallop Circle punch, added some Stickles and used my Stardust Jelly Roll pen to add some sparkle to the bird's flourishes. Hope you enjoy!
Supplies Used: Chocolate Chip cs, Stampin Write Marker, Regal Rose SW Marker, Pretty In Pink SW marker, cs, grosgrain ribbon, Slit Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Old Olive Brad, Word Window Punch, Stardust Stickles, Stardust Jelly Roll pen.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Gorgeous, just gorgeous! I love the bird! You're right about it making great Valentine's Day cards! Keep up the GREAT work!
PS - I just may have a secret about Rosie's Roadshow!