Thursday, December 06, 2007

My Favorite Things and Stampin' Up!

I have been eyeing the stamps that My Favorite Things sells for awhile now. They have some really cute stuff but I have restrained myself. Over the last week or so several of my favorite stamping blogs have been giving "sneak peeks" of a new set called "Baby Its Cold Outside". The set hasn't been available to purchase until last night. I stayed up to be one of the first to purchase it because it is so, so cute! (They are even offering a coupon of 20% off till December 8th on ANYTHING the store carries). I can hardly wait to get my new set and make a card for my friend Marcy who LOVES snowmen. Anyway, during the release of three new stamp sets last night, they announced a contest for a guest designer spot. So, I am frantically trying to get the kids lunch and put them down for nap so I can play too. I did get this one done and thought I would share. The challenge is that you had to make an ATC first (Artist Trading Card). The size of which is 2 1/2 x 3 1/2. After you make the ATC you are required to make a full size card incorporating the ATC. You can see the ATC on this sample, it's the rectangle that includes the focal point (the scallop circle). I made this ATC when the catty came out in July and I am glad to be putting it to use. I really loved the way this ATC turned out when I made it, I adored Caribbean, red and yellow together. So, even though these stamps aren't the style of MFT (most of their stamps are line art images), I thought I would have fun with this ATC anyway. I'm hoping to use an Elzybells image on the next one I submit (so come back to see another Elzy sample soon). Wish me luck on the contest!
Supplies Used: Cool Caribbean cs, ink, Real Red cs, ink, So Saffron cs, Stampin' Up! scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, Apricot Grosgrain Ribbon, White Grosgrain Ribbon, So Saffron brad

No comments: