Friday, December 07, 2007

I am so stuck on winter cards right now....could have something to do with the fact that it is freezing here in Michigan! I was so proud of this sample! I made it last night in about 20 minutes. This was my third submission for the MFT design team challenge. I used the skate stamp from Lizzie Anne Designs set Christmas in the City (I sure am getting ton of use of this set...I LOVE it!) I love when you sit down to make something, and it just seems to be flowing so well. When you are all done, you sit back....hold it out and take a look and just .....smile....that is how this card went. Remember I had to do an ATC first, the ATC is the 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 piece of Moss with the Soft Sky and the image on it. I used Rust to matt the ATC on to make it pop a bit on the whole card. As just an ATC it turned out cute. I used to LOVE making ATC's but I never really did anything with them...this challenge was a perfect way to use those ATC's I have piling up. It is also a great way to really make the main image pop out at you. The color combo came from the Fall Flowers paper that is used on this card. Perfect winter combo don't you think?
Supplies Used: Soft Sky ink, cs, Really Rust cs, Going Grey ink, Mellow Moss ink, cs, Grosgrain and Gingham ribbon, Always Artichoke ink, Aqua Painter, Watercolor Paper, SU Ice Circle Brads, SU Fall Flowers DSP, Christmas In The City stamp set (Lizzie Anne Designs)

3 comments:

Peggy Maier said...

Had to come back & see what else you've created - Love the ice skates, they're perfect for this card! It was pretty neat to see my name as blog candy winner too! It's a cold, miserable day here in Texas & that made me feel warm all over!

Claudia said...

This one is sooo cool! I love ice skating and I've been collecting ice skate ornaments for a few years now. This is a great card!

Abby said...

I love the card, Crystal! What does ATC stand for? I'm a little slow...