Monday, May 19, 2008

Just Celebrate Invitation

These are the birthday party invitations for my youngest daughter's party. She will be turning 4 later this week. Last year we did Curious George and when asked what kind of party she wanted this year she said she wanted Curious George again. But her favorite animal is the elephant so when I got the adorable set "Just Celebrate" from the mini catalog, I knew I had to use it on her invites. She ended up telling me a jungle party was fine. The funny thing is that we never do a ton of decorations when we do a themed party. Usually it is just the ivites, thank-you's and a banner. Plus, we almost always do her party outside since usually the weather in Michigan is nice enough to do that by the end of May/begining of June...who needs decorations when you are outside?
So, this is the invite and I think it turned out super cute. I love doing simple invites mainly because I don't really like doing a bunch of cards exactly the same anyway, so the more simple the better! Plus, the 3 and 4 year olds who are getting them will appreciate it no matter how fancy it is.
I colored the elephant in with Prismacolor pencils and a blending stump. My friend Lori was over this past Friday and she brought hers for me to try. I liked them but it seemed like alot of work - the blending part. I may just need more practice too! I used both the Mega and Giga Scallop punches from Marvy. In addition I used my new toy - the Punches Plus Brass Template from Stampin' Up! It is an embossing template that has images of most of our punches (including the ovals) and around the image is the PERFECT paper piercing template to mimic the punch. So, I just used the "you're invited" stamp from my Family Phrases set and punched it out with the large oval. The I used dimensionals to pop it up on the front of the card, laid the template down and paper pierced the oval around it. The perfect touch!
Supplies Used: Pretty in Pink cs, ink, Old Olive cs, Rose Red cs, ink, Whisper White cs, Black Staz On, Punches Plus template, White Signo Gel Pen, Slit Punch, Simply Said set, Family Phrases set, Just Celebrate set.

2 comments:

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh these are just precious. My daughter had a Dora party 2 years in a row. I SO didn't want to do that. Too funny. These are awesome.

Karen said...

Super cute invites!! I love elephants too!