Friday, February 06, 2009

Trendy Trees and Some Sweet Slumber Paper

Hello! It seems like it has been awhile since I have posted anything! I've actually made a few things and plan to schedule some posts for you to take a look. This sample was made with some new catalog goodies. My first new catalog order included Trendy Trees, Thoughts and Prayers and Three Little Words. I couldn't send a new order in without adding some buttons (Button Latte - YUMMY! - and some new patterned paper (Sweet Slumber). I'm not sure WHY Trendy Trees jumped out at me, I just thought it was so cute! I have been thinking it needs a tiny bird in it..oooh, how about a bench, bird bath? Kind of like the new set Branch Out (also on my list).
Here is my sample using Trendy Trees and Sweet Slumber paper. I've always loved yellow, blue and red together so this paper was first on my list as well. It includes Ruby Red, Baja Breeze and So Saffron. I have also always liked gingham. Gingham is easy. Not to busy, pair it with solids or even polka dots. Not to crazy. I have trouble matching designer paper that is patterned, I freak out about it being to busy, so gingham makes it all easy. When this card was finished it reminded me of some 50's diner or something. It must be the gingham.
The ribbon is the Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon. I don't have Riding Hood Red paper or ink, it is so close to Ruby Red that I haven't felt the need for it. This ribbon matches perfectly as well. I love it and am really sad that it will be retired come summer. I was going for simple with this one and think I achieved it. I keep trying to find different ways to use the Top Note Die, so this is how I chose to use it for this card. Using it this way, you can get two out of one, but just cutting it in half!
I'm off to start the day, but I'll be back later with another sample to share!

3 comments:

Jana O'Brien said...

Beautiful, Crystal! I love the colors and the way you layered everything.

LorieR said...

Super cute! You are killing me with this Trendy Tree set and Sweet Slumber paper. It is so cute.

Tandra said...

Great card! I used the 1/2 Top note in a swap too! I like how it looks!
Im diggin' all your trendy Trees! Ive used mine once, and need to ink it up some more!

Love your whole blog!