Saturday, February 07, 2009

I can feel it...really, it's coming...SPRING!!! Today it is in the 4o's and the snow is melting like crazy. My dh says it is supposed to be like this all week! Here is a card to celebrate! I love the combo of pink and celery. This was made with the new set Petal Pizazz. I don't actually own this set, it belongs to my pal Vicki (CraftCrazy98 at Splitcoaststampers.com) . We got together with some other friends to stamp a couple of weeks ago and she stamped the large flower image and didn't like it! She was going to throw it away if you can believe it?!?! I said, "Oh, no! Pass that over!" I hijacked it (or should I say that I saved it from certain death?) Anyway, this is what I created with it. I added some circle rhinestone brads to the center of the flowers, I used the Polka Dot background stamp (which is on the dormant list, I PRAY it doesn't get retired in June!!!) and of course some 5/8" grosgrain ribbon.
I had no real need for this card, I just could not see the beautiful bloom get trashed! If you click on Vicki's name above, you can see what she ended up making with this set, it is just fabulous (as are most of her creations!)

4 comments:

LorieR said...

What beautiful "trash"! Vicki may rethink what she throws away. Glad to see what you did with it.

Anonymous said...

So, only "most" of my creations are fabulous... thanks a lot! :D

So glad you were able to make use of my trashy flower... LOL. I'm a perfectionist, what can I say? Love what you did with it!

Jana O'Brien said...

Just beautiful, Crystal. I love the layout. I'm glad you saved that flower!

Lorien Clark said...

You can send it to me! I love your card and Vicki's.