Monday, September 15, 2008

Another Swap with Jami

We got the o.k. to share photos of our swap submissions for Jami's latest swap, the new catalog swap. This is one of my projects. I was required to use the stamp set A Flower for All Seasons (which I love by the way, not just because of the cute images but because it is pretty inexpensive at just $14.95) and a combo of colors based on the color swatches of Stampin' Up's Sweet Bella Collection shown on page 13. This card uses the new Pink Pirouette cardstock and ink, Old Olive cardstock and 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Chocolate Chip cardstock and some of the new Bella designer paper. The main image was watercolored using my ink pads and an aquapainter. The sentiment came from the set "Family Phrases" and I used the Canvas background stamp on the pink panel. This project was made about 2 weeks ago yet as I look at the frog I have to chuckle because it makes me think of all the rain we have received here in Michigan over the last few days. It started drizzling here on Friday and started raining by Friday evening and didn't stop AT ALL until late last night! I can't remember a time that we had rain non stop like that! Thankfully our sump pump kept right on working!

2 comments:

Lorien Clark said...

I love it! It turned out great.

Our neighbor's yard looked like a lake. I am glad it finally stopped raining.

LorieR said...

I love this card. The colors are nice together. Is it ok for me to CASE the layout? (I think I've moved from wanting the scallop punch to needing it, thanks to you!)