Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sock Monkey Returns

Here is another Sock Monkey project (I used the same colors as the one from my open house...I really like So Saffron, Tangerine Tango and Kraft together, they look very "fallish"). I am going to try something new with my stamp clubs this year. We are going to do a Sketch Theme all year. Most of my stamp clubs are made up of ladies who have been stamping for some time. One group most of the ladies have been in a stamp club with me for 4 or more years. So, I find myself having a hard time showing them new techniques. Of course though they still comment that they have a hard time knowing what to do with their stuff when they get it. I know I have that problem sometimes! So, we are going to do a new sketch at each meeting. But since we do two cards we'll turn the sketch on its side and try to mix it up a bit. My hope is that they will learn how to look at samples in the catalog and figure out the sketch and use it to work for them. Plus, they will have several sketches from me by the time we are all done meeting. Anyway, this card is one that we did at our stamp club meeting this week. The ladies did the Heard from the Heart card from below and then this card. See how we used the same sketch? We just turned it on its side and made our matted pieces wider. In addition, rather than doing the middle panel with a single stamped image, we made that section three circles instead. The ladies at the meeting told me I was stretching it, but that is the point! INSPIRATION GIRLS!
I have decided to stop posting the "Supplies Used" at the bottom of my posts, just to save time in typing it all out. Besides, I typically type somewhere in the body of the post most of the supplies I have used. Of course if you have a question about something please just post in the comments section and I'll be sure to answer you!

No comments: