Friday, August 08, 2008

Olivia's Birds

OK...so, today and tomorrow are the release days I have been waiting for because I am really proud of the projects I turned out for this set. It was a great mojo night! I think that night I made like 4 projects and loved them all! Here is the first sample from the set called Olivia's Birds. Christine put everything you could possibly need in this set to make lovely spring/summer cards. Everything you see here is in the set (and more of course!) And Christine was so smart she made 2 of the birds. Sometimes you get a set, start playing with it and realize the kid, animal or whatever is facing the wrong direction and you don't want to mess with "mirroring" so you just give up. WELL, our gal Christine made the birds each facing a different direction! PLUS in this set there are 2 birds flying that she did the same thing with....genius I tell you!
This card was so much fun to make. I knew I wanted the nest sitting on the branch with the birds in it. The colors came from one of my favorite designer papers from Stampin Up!, Fall Flowers. I love the softness of this paper. Then of course I had to use the scallop edge punch (of course!) and it helped immensely that the Robin's Nest dew drops (from the "Water" collection) had some it in that matched perfectly. (Got those from genius Christine at All That Scraps). After water coloring everything I popped the nest and the birds up on dimensionals. For the ribbon I just layered a piece of white narrow grosgrain on top of my wide Old Olive, did a little faux stitching and BAM - it's done. Do you like it? (I'm such a sucker for affirmation!)
NOW .... are you wondering who Olivia is? You'll have to check back later to find out!
Supplies Used: Soft Sky cs, ink, Whisper White cs, Old Olive ink, cs, Creamy Caramel ink, Close to Cocoa SW marker, So Saffron ink, Aquapainter, Always Artichoke SW Marker, Black Staz On ink, Scallop Edge Punch, Robin's Nest Dew Drops, Olivia's Birds set.

No comments: