Saturday, June 14, 2008

We Live on a Farm

Here is the card my husband will receive on Father's Day. The only thing it is missing is the retired background stamp that was chicken wire...the background is really plain on this but otherwise I liked how it turned out. We live in a subdivision with about 1/2 acre and my husband has always wanted at least 5 acres so we could get chickens, a horse, have a larger garden than we already have, etc. (We do have several bee hives but it just isn't enough farm for him) Anyway the other day we were just saying to one another how there never seems to be any peace and quiet around here...so when I thought about his Father's Day card I was going to do something related to animals. At first I was going to use the Wild About You set and put something in it about us living in a zoo and he being a great zoo keeper, but when I remembered that I kept this retired Stampin' Up! set, On The Farm, I decided it was perfect for him. The three animals represent each of our three girls. Inside it says, "You have always wanted to have a farm but God already blessed us with three animals. You are a great farmer!"
Supplies Used: Real Red cs, striped ribbon, SW Marker, Bashful Blue cs, SW Marker, Summer Sun cs, SW Marker, Whisper White cs, Creamy Caramel SW Marker, Close to Cocoa SW Marker, Pretty in Pink SW Marker, Regal Rose SW Marker, Certainly Celery SW Marker, Circle Punches, White Signo Gel Pen, Paper Piercer, On The Farm set.

No comments: