Saturday, June 14, 2008

Snail Mail

I just adore this image! It is from the CC Designs set, Froggie and Friends. (Don't forget, Christine is having a sale at All That Scraps - check out the link on the sidebar!) I wanted something really simple because I wanted something that was cute but the words inside are the focal point. We are so lucky to have the internet to keep in touch, but I miss the written letter. One of my aunt's and I used to keep in pretty good touch through the mail when I was in high school and part of college but I discovered that when you have e-mail you take it for granted that you can send a note any old time and I hardly ever send them at all. Does that make sense? Anyway, this is going to be sent to my Aunt Beryl. She is very special to me and I hope she likes this cute little fella! The little gems on the end of the Snail Mail strip are Robin's Nest Dew Drops from All that Scraps. These are from the Water collection..you get oodles (and I mean more dew drops than you will ever use!) of dew drops in several colors, this one here matches wonderfully with Soft Sky paper don't you think? I just adhere them with a Stampin Up mini glue dot. They work perfectly!
Supplies Used: Soft Sky cs, Always Artichoke cs, ink, Really Rust cs, ink, Whisper White cs, Fall Flowers Designer Paper (Stampin Up), circle punches, SU Circle Scallop Punch, Robin's Nest Dew Drops (Water), Black Staz On, Aqua Painters, Froggie and Friends.

3 comments:

Claudia said...

I like snails very much. This is a very cute card. I use snail mail a lot for notecards and letters.

Karen said...

too cute Crystal! love this little snail!

LorieR said...

This little guy is so cute! Your coloring is beautiful as ever.