Monday, July 16, 2007

Double Line Doodles, Not So Dumb

OK, I will freely admit that this set has had me cursing several times over the last few weeks. This set, Double Line Doodles, is one that demonstrators received FREE at our regional events last year and we have had nearly a whole year to play with it. As my Open House dawned I was needing to create a make and take with it and I could not create anything that was amazing. I was so angry...I blamed the set itself, of course it couldn't be user error could it? (he, he, he) So anyway, my pal Lorien (she's great!) was making yet another swap for a different one I am hostessing and I LOVED how it turned out. I was lucky enough to get into a swap on Splitcoast that is hostessed by Jami and has some amazing swappers in it and I said I would use this set. I only said this one because it was one of the only new sets I knew I would own in time to participate. SO....after being so frustrated creating for my open house, I freaked out thinking---"I have to create something amazing to swap with amazing swappers and I can't! I just can't!" But then Lorien gave me her swaps with this set (click on her blog to the right and see her original card). I was inspired to use Doodle This with Double Line Doodles, to use white craft ink and to cut out the smaller flower and attach with a brad. I used Purely Pomegranate card stock and ink on this as well as Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, Black, the Word Window Punch, black gingham ribbon and Everyday Flexible Phrases. I am quite happy with how this turned out. My card is definitely different, but very much inspired by Lorien! Thanks pal!

No comments: