Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Olivia in her Jammies

Isn't Olivia the sweetest??? I adore this image for several reasons. First, from a purely stamping perspective, it is perfect for paper piecing which means a quick project. But from a mommy perspective, it kinda reminds me that my girls are getting older. Megan is 9 and to old for footed jammies. Kira is 6 and honestly I don't think I have any footed jammies for her. 'Tis the season in Michigan where it is getting cold at night so I was digging through boxes of packed away winter clothes and stumbled upon several pairs of footed jammies for Brooke. Luckily I think I have one more year of little ones with footed jammies. At least when Brooke outgrows them, I'll have this image of Olivia to reminiscence with!
This patterned paper is from The Paper Studio and I bought it ages ago. I had the hardest time matching the green. It is brighter than Celery but not as bright as Gable Green. I hate when that happens. Then, I wanted some ribbons in Olivia's pig tails but didn't have any Regal Rose ribbon. I'm so glad that a Stampin Write Marker can change the shade of white ribbon! I just drug the marker down the length of the ribbon and was all set! Olivia is being sold as a single at All That Scraps. The adorable stocking is from the set that I showcased yesterday, Sugarplum Christmas Scenes. I used some Liquid Applique on the top of the stocking to give it something fun. I hope you have enjoyed looking at all the fun samples of this month's release!

No comments: