Friday, August 14, 2009

Another Gift Frame

My friend who is moving has a daughter who is friends with all three of my girls. Hannah is wonderful because she can play with a 10, 7 and 5 year old and never once will you hear, "You're a baby, go away." She genuinely likes all three of them. When I told the girls that our friends would be moving away, the two older girls cried as much as I have. The youngest had a very wise outlook on things for a 5 year old and said, "It's not like someone we love is dying or something." Though, now that she has processed that we won't see them at church every Sunday and that they are really leaving, she does have moments where she will declare how much they will be missed.
I wanted a gift for Hannah that she would be able to remember my girls by. What better gift than a picture frame? I know that a picture frame for an almost 9 year old is not usually very exciting, but she'll appreciate it when she is snug in her new bedroom and missing Michigan! We went to Hobby Lobby and the girls chose this adorable frame. We really wanted it to say "Friends" somewhere, so we snatched it up, took it home and mom added a few things - Rose Red grosgrain ribbon across the top and "Friends" stamped with my retired Whimsical Alphabet set from Stampin Up!.
I think it will look great with a picture of all the girls that was taken Tuesday night when we had a small cookout with a few families, don't you?

No comments: