Tuesday, November 11, 2008

North Pole Release

Isn't this elf adorable?!? Although I like to send out Christmas cards that reflect the true meaning of the season, I also love sweet images that make me think of the fun of childhood - like Santa and his elves. When I was growing up my favorite holiday book was published by Disney and was called Santa's Toy Shop. I especially loved that it showed different scenes of Santa's shop, specifically the doll department, the train department, etc. A few years ago I found the same book at a yard sale and got all giddy to purchase it for my girls. Of course they haven't enjoyed it nearly as much as mom thinks they should! Anyway, this image reminds me of those fun childhood memories of Christmas. Isn't he cute? CC Designs will be releasing a new set called "North Pole" and this image is just one of the fun new toys I got to play with this past week. You'll have to check out the other design team members blogs to get more peaks of this set!
For this project I used some Basic Grey paper. This is from their Dashing Collection - Snowfall Cranberry and Flannel Shirt. Aren't these colors great together? Some Stampin Up! Cranberry Crisp (from 2 years ago) and some Soft Sky (from last year) and you know you can never go wrong when you add Old Olive to the mix! I added some Pewter Jumbo Eyelets and called it good. Finally, pair it with one of Amy Rysavy's new sets and you have a sweet card! Amy is releasing 2 Christmas sentiment sets - I have to admit these are sets that will forever stay in my collection! The new release will be November 12 so don't forget to check out all the new stamp sets at All That Scraps!

1 comment:

Nicole MJ said...

Did you use the crop a dile to put in those brads? Just currious!