Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Anything But a Card Challenge

This week the Design Team for All That Scraps was challenged to do anything but a card. I will freely admit that my "anything but a card" skills are pretty limited. My dear pal Lorien is awesome with bracelets and altered tins, some gals can look at any piece of garbage and create a beautiful piece of art, but I am pretty limited..I'm really an "in the box" kind of gal so I stick with journals, some altered tins and ornaments. I love making ornaments, but don't mean the glass bulb kind...any other kind. For the last 3 years I give my 3 closest peeps a gift and a handmade ornament. Last year I made ornaments out of chipboard coasters so when we were challenged to do anything but a card I made another chipboard coaster ornament.
I made this with the adorable CC Designs set, Lulu's Sweet Delights. Isn't she the cutest?!?! I started by covering the coaster with some Basic Grey paper, from their Fruitcake collection. After that I stamped Lulu with Black Staz On and added the gum drops next to her.

I colored the images with my Stampin' Up! inks and an aquapainter. After I was finished it needed to be a bit less "clean" to go with the Basic Grey paper so I roughed up the edges a bit with some Creamy Caramel ink and then I used my Creamy Caramel SW marker and the Color Spritzer Tool. Guess what else is on this project? The new Stampin' Up! scallop punch. I seriously have used that on EVERY project I have made this past week (which there are several, I just can't show them to you yet....) I LOVE that punch and it's tiny little scallops....Run on over to the All That Scraps site and check out gallery to see what the other girls made!

2 comments:

Renée said...

you did a great job, Crystal! I, too, have a hard time "thinking outside of the box" :)

LorieR said...

This is so cute! Believe it or not, I still have the one you made me on my desk. Truly Christmas in July here!