Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I Love a Fun Purse

Well, this weekend I am off with some girlfriends doing something I have been waiting to do for the past year! I'm in Fort Wayne at the Vera Bradley sale. I LOVE Vera Bradley bags and don't really carry much else. Mind you though, that doesn't mean I have a lot of them. They are pricey for my pocket book (if you spend on purses, it means you have less to spend on stamps!). I own a Capri Melon backpack and a Mesa Red On the Go bag. Just 2. My Mesa is my fall/winter and my capri is my spring/summer. At the sale, they have bags for $10! Wallets for $3! I can't wait to spruce up my collection. My goal is to find a Java Blue Bowler. And as many more as I can in varying prints!
Anyway, back to the sample! This is another of the girls from Glam Girlz set and she is carrying a purse, so I thought it would be perfect card to send to one of my girlfriends after our weekend away. I used some Basic Grey Mellow paper and paper pieced the pants and the purse. These girls are perfect for paper piecing. I don't do too well cutting out little details for paper piecing and the large open spaces on the Girlz make it easy for me to spruce em up with printed paper! I used the Stardust pen on her glasses as well and sparkled up the stripes in her pants. The ribbon and brads are from Stampin' Up! Enjoy!

No comments: