Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Color Challenge

On splitcoaststampers.com they have daily challenges to help you with your projects. I check out the Color Challenges and the Sketch Challenges weekly. I peek on a couple others if I think of it, but these two are part of my weekly routine. This week the color challenge was to use the colors Chocolate Chip, Blush Blossom and Cool Caribbean in your project. Here is the first one I did using a new stamp set I got this week from the Winter Mini. The stamp set is Big Pieces and it matches Little Pieces (which is also used on this card). The adorable rick rack is from the Flirty ribbon collection in the Winter Mini also. Aren't these colors perfect together? The "happiness" is from the Word By Word background stamp. I just inked the word with a Stampin Write marker to stamp just the word I wanted. Of course I had to do some faux stitching! Next to ribbon it's my favorite thing to add to a card!

3 comments:

michelle sturgeon said...

These are the 2 challenges I always check, also! I LOVE the sketch challenges!
You did a great job with this one! I adore cool caribbean!

Allison Rankin said...

Great work with the challenge!

Kristine said...

I must have missed this challenge...LOVE those colors together!! I just love the look of stitching on cards--even if it's faux stitching, and that's why I am finally getting a paper piercer!! But what I really want for Mother's Day is a sewing machine!! Wouldn't that be awesome to just run your card through it?! :o) Anyway, LOOOVE this cute card, and how you put the saying sideways.