Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Stamp Camp On Saturday

I have a birthday card stamp camp this Saturday from 10-2. I didn't sit down until last night to start preparing samples for it, but I got three of them done, which is pretty quick! So, to start off we may as well make the first sample scream birthday! How about this...does this scream birthday?? This sample uses the set Crazy for Cupcakes and started out being Pretty in Pink and Certainly Celery (for some reason I have used that color combo several times with this set!) but I decided to make it gender neutral so that the ladies who are coming to the class can use this card for anyone that has a birthday coming up. I absolutely LOVE this stamp set, it by far my most favorite birthday set I have ever owned. I will admit that I have mainly used the image you see highlighted (cupcakes on a cupcake stand) and the greeting. I promise to try a card soon that uses the jumbo cupcake!
I used my square punches to really focus in on the small cupcakes. The Bashful Blue panel was wheeled with the matching standard wheel, inked with Bashful Blue ink. I really wanted to use my Pumpkin Pie striped ribbon so I tied it around the middle and added Pumpkin Pie "sprinkles" to the cupcake tops to tie it in. I love the color combo of Real Red, Bashful Blue and Pumpkin Pie. This color combo is one that was in some designer paper last summer. Really fun colors together!

2 comments:

Jana O'Brien said...

Love the way you punched the cupcake images, Crystal! It reminds me of the inchies that you see all over the place.

Tracy M. said...

Love this card. I like how used the square shape to highlight the cupcakes. Its simple and easy, yet very striking.